Acquiring this transferable business skill will give you the ability to always:
- Avoid attitudes that hinder problem solving and adopt those that increase your chances of success
- Explore and define the problem systematically by viewing it from different angles and search for root causes
- Methodically generate ideas and use visual techniques to organise them into meaningful logical categories
- Use a number of established brainstorming techniques to search for solutions by maximising idea generation, participation and creativity
- Make qualitative decisions by evaluating various aspects of potential solutions using a systematic method
- Plan to implement your solution by scheduling, analysing critical parts of the plan, managing resources and carrying out a requirements analysis
- Use problem solving techniques to address issues as a group
As business problems have become more complex, the need to solve problems in a group has increased. Groups now contain a variety of individual minds and expertise so problems are often looked at relation to each individuals own respective domains and experiences. But with all problems their is a solution it is just matter of looking at the problem clearly, unrushed and unbiased.
Without a good thinking system a group may never come across novel ideas and even if it does, the idea might quickly be put aside, criticised or ridiculed. We, our clients and/or colleagues bring their own personal way of dealing with a problems which can be out of sync for the solving the problem.
This course is ideal for groups of people who aim to solve problems collectively together. Solving problems as a group has its own unique issues. For example, some people like to dominate a meeting with their ideas at the expense of other less talkative members. This could be because of their character or a political agenda. This can lead to sub-optimal solutions.
Who should attend
Mid and Senior Associates
Duration / Time / CPD Points
One Day / 10.00am until 3.30pm / 5.5 CPD Points
SRA Competency: A2(1)
£896.00 per delegate (price includes VAT / Refreshments / Lunch and Personal Workbook) – limited to 12 delegates
50% GROUPSAVE DISCOUNT
12 Associates or more booking this course will receive a 50% discount – please call to arrange GroupSave
Five Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1LG