Acquiring this transferable business skill will give you the ability to always:
- Distinguish between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
- Express yourself assertively using specific verbal and non-verbal techniques and get maximum results
- Request what you want assertively and get it
- Criticise and change behaviour while staying friends
- Use a simple technique to reinforce the behaviour of clients and/or colleagues
- Disagree with the other person in such a way that helps them understand your stance on the matter without taking it personally
- Say No and be loved for it!
Have you ever felt intimidated by clients and/or colleagues? How many times have you told yourself that you could have done better when handling a conversation only to repeat the same mistakes again? Do you like to stay out of conflicts and keep to yourself? Do people take advantage of you?
Assertive staff are extremely lucrative to companies because they can express themselves freely, get things done, don’t take no for an answer (which is useful when dealing with clients) while at the same time appear polite, professional and fair.
The best approach to master assertive techniques is to go through case studies, participate in practical exercises and keep repeatedly performing the skill until it is completely memorised. This approach which is used in this course allows the delegates to learn the content fully during the course and leave the course knowing that they can confidently address real-world challenges as they appear.
Who should attend
Senior and Mid Associates
Duration / Time / CPD Points
One Day / 8.30am until 1.30pm / 5.5 CPD Points
SRA Competency: A2(1)
£896.00 per delegate (price includes VAT / Refreshments / Lunch and Personal Workbook) – limited to 12 delegates
Five Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1LG