Acquiring this transferable business skill will give you the ability to always:
- Prevent destructive conflicts at the workplace
- Recognise conflicts and their escalation over time so you can address them more effectively
- Select an appropriate conflict resolution style based on your needs to get maximum results
- Manage your emotions and influence clients and/or colleagues emotionally when in conflicts
- Recognise Tactical Approaches used when interacting with clients and/or colleagues that may lead to conflicts and take appropriate steps to avoid a conflict developing
- Negotiate over what you want and move on to a win/win outcome
Conflicts can be hard. We get so emotional that sometimes we feel we can’t take it at all. Not so surprisingly most people want to avoid conflicts altogether. Many get so emotional that they feel they can’t even say a single word. Others may rely on a simple age-old technique of silence treatment, which doesn’t really do them or clients and/or colleagues any good.
So, what should we do when we are in a conflict? Should we just leave it and hope that it goes away? The chances are that it probably doesn’t go away and will come back to haunt you. Conflicts have a tendency to escalate when untreated, they can make the environment toxic and unproductive and eventually the conflict may come to control you rather you controlling it.
Who should attend
Senior and Junior Partners
Duration / Time / CPD Points
One Day / 8.30am until 1.30pm / 5.5 CPD Points
SRA Competency: A2(1)
£996.00 per delegate (price includes VAT / Refreshments / Lunch and Personal Workbook) – limited to 12 delegates
Five Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1LG