Acquiring this transferable business skill will give you the ability to always:
- Understand the power of emotions and how you can take advantage of them to control your actions
- Prepare for and deliver bad news using a systematic step-by-step technique and handle the reactions smoothly
- Control the flow of a potentially difficult conversation and learn to focus on what matters the most
- Analyse your behaviour as well as those of clients and/or colleagues and better recognise what makes people take a particular action
- Apologise systematically to show your sincerity and improve your relationships
Sometimes we find ourselves in an unpleasant conversation. Most people have a strong urge to avoid such conversations. Some adopt a “silent treatment” as a way to avoid the issues. Others avoid the person altogether so they never end up in such situation.
The problem however is not always other people or the nature of the conversation, but the way we handle it. Knowing how to handle difficult conversations such as providing feedback when somebody had done something wrong, delivering bad news and apologising is critical in maintaining and strengthening our relationships with clients and/or colleagues whether at work or in our personal life.
Equally, sometimes we go through an interaction that leaves us angry or upset. Sometimes we react based on our emotions which can have drastic consequences. We need to find out what makes us feel in a certain way and if this feeling is justified. Next, we need to take steps to correct our feelings in order to adjust our behaviour. There are several techniques that can be used to achieve this which is presented in this course.
Who should attend
Senior and Mid Associates
Duration / Time / CPD Points
One Day / 8.30am until 1.30pm / 5.5 CPD Points
SRA Competency: A2(1)
£896.00 per delegate (price includes VAT / Refreshments / Lunch and Personal Workbook) – limited to 12 delegates
Five Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1LG