Acquiring this transferable business skill will give you the ability to always:
- Take advantage of the incredible power of giving praise to clients and/or colleagues using established guidelines on showing gratitude
- Use a step-by-step technique to praise and reinforce specific behaviours of clients and/or colleagues
- Criticise a person in a senior position without jeopardising your own position
- Receive feedback in a way to encourage the other person to give as much information as possible while being able to handle aggressive criticism
- Recognise the nature and purpose of giving feedback and how miscommunication takes place
- Recognise when you should give feedback to clients and/or colleagues and when to reflect and take responsibility yourself
- Deliver constructive feedback with a potential negative message and expect to get a good response with commitment to change
Most of us interact daily with clients and/or colleagues in personal or professional settings and often both. The interaction is always subject to the limitation of the medium used for communication such as words, phone, emails, etc. This leads to the possibility of miscommunication as we may not be able to fully express ourselves. On top of this, all humans are susceptible to making mistakes, an inevitable and necessary part of growth.
Hence, the risk of miscommunication together with the possibility of making mistakes leads to a need to provide feedback to clients and/or colleagues. In addition, feedbacks are very effective in reinforcing certain positive behaviours so people are aware that they are on the right track.
We have all received feedbacks in different forms from our parents when growing up. However, most of us do not have as much experience in giving feedback. Different types of feedbacks are suitable for different people in our lives. In this course delegates learn various techniques on providing different styles of feedbacks.
Who should attend
Senior and Junior Partners
Duration / Time / CPD Points
One Day / 8.30am until 1.30pm / 5.5 CPD Points
SRA Competency: A2(1)
£996.00 per delegate (price includes VAT / Refreshments / Lunch and Personal Workbook) – limited to 12 delegates
Five Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1LG, the heart o the Legal District