Acquiring this transferable business skill will give you the ability to always:
- Avoid using cliché and reactive responses that kill conversations
- Use strategies that help start a conversation and avoid the dreaded silence
- Use small talk with your clients to improve your chances of selling to them and leave a positive impact
- Use strategies to maintain a conversation and encourage speakers to remain interested in your interaction with them
- Engage in small talk conversations with confidence knowing how to remain in control and what to say at any moment
We all desire to communicate with others. This need for social connection is embedded in our genes and is universal among all cultures. Yet, many people consider approaching strangers a daunting task. Why should it be difficult to approach others when this is such an obvious need?
Suppose you are attending a business networking event and need to connect with others. Most people know the incredible value of such connections and how it can help them with their businesses, personal branding, networking and gaining recognition in their respective communities. Yet, most also find it difficult to approach others in such events, perhaps feeling shy, unsure of what to say, how to initiate or maintain a conversation or how to approach a group. Many may simply prefer to hang around until someone else approaches them which mean they lose control over who they communicate with or may even end up not communicating at all. This in turn can have a negative effect on self-esteem leading to self-fulfilling prophesies that one is simply not good enough in socialising.
In non-business social settings, you may want to approach others to engage in a conversation and share something about your life and learn something about theirs. In order to be remembered, you need to leave a positive impression; but how can you achieve this quickly and effectively?
Who should attend
Duration / Time / CPD Points
One Day / 8.30am until 1.30pm / 5.5 CPD Points
SRA Competency: A2(1)
£696 (price includes VAT / Refreshments / Lunch and Personal Workbook) – limited to 12 delegates
Five Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1LG